About Hanover Professional Firefighters
In June 2002 the full time members of Hanover County Fire & EMS met to organize the Hanover Professional Firefighters Association, this was to allow the full time members of the department the chance to come together as one voice to address concerns and improvements to our job such as Safety, Training, Protective Clothing, and Education.
Our department is a highly trained combination system that relies on both full time and volunteer firefighter/medics to provide the highest professional services to both citizens and visitors. This includes 16 Fire / Rescue Stations.
In mid December 2015 our Local took a big step in our history and purchased our own building. Our Union Hall is located at 10044 Pamunkey Road, Mechanicsville Va. 23111. We hope that this building will allow us to conduct training for our members, conduct our business meetings, as well as be a resource for other civic groups.
Over time the Hanover Professional Firefighters Association has worked on many civic projects as well as numerous hours of raising money for charitable organizations.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association, Richmond Chapter
- “Fill the Boot” Campaign
- Cooking for the kids at their annual Summer Camp
- Old Dominion Burn Foundation
- American Cancer Society
- Selling of Pink T shirts
- Smoke Detector Program
- partnered with Hanover Fire / EMS to provide free smoke detectors to any Hanover citizen that needed one
- Assisted needy families with repairs to their homes
- Hanover Christmas Mother
- Adopt a family every year for Christmas
- delivery clothes, toys, food